Board index Information Tips 'n Tricks

Expose your 'inner geek' and post your knowledge of tips, tricks and helpful hints to assist others to use the forum more quickly and simply. Be l33t!

Smilies!!!

Postby Superman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:38 pm

For those of you that like to include smilies when they write.... here are a few smilie codes to use. :mrgreen:

:whistling: = : whistling : (don't leave a space between the dots and the word)

:applause: = : applause :

:bashclub: = : bashclub :

:clapping: = : clapping :

:laughcry: = : laughcry :

:singleeye: = : singleeye :

:wtf: = : wtf :

:quill: = : quill :

:yes: = : yes :

:stop: = : stop :

:yeeikes: = : yeeikes :

:tophat: = : tophat :

:tigger: = : tigger :

:tvlaugh: = : tvlaugh :

:holmes: = : holmes :

:beer: = : beer :

:yourock: = : yourock :

:captain: = : captain :

:wizardsparkles: = : wizardsparkles :

:matrix: = : matrix :

:benediction: = : benediction :

:rotfl: = : rotfl :

:rotfl2: = : rotfl2 :

:likeit: = : likeit :

:victory: = : victory :

:bluerotfl: = : bluerotfl :

:yikes: = : yikes :

:chase: = : chase :

:bubblegum: = : bubblegum :

:old: = : old :

:flyingsaucer: = : flyingsaucer :

:pc: = : pc :

:pcwhack: = : pcwhack :

:cheers: = : cheers : ....... um..... cheers ...Superman... :bubblegum:
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
....Homer Simpson....
Superman

Yowie Position: Skeptic
Thylacine Position: Agnostic
Big Cat Position: Agnostic
Encounter: Yes
Encounter Type: scary kookaburra

Re: Smilies!!!

Postby YL1 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:10 am

Thanks Superman.

Never could figure them out.

Am busy with work people so I don't really have time to spend here. I pop in from time to time to have a look and may get time to post things soon....videos from outings etc.

Cheers

:cool:
The problem with common sense is that it is not that common
YL1

Yowie Position: Believer
Thylacine Position: Believer
Big Cat Position: Believer
Encounter: Yes
Encounter Type: Yowie

Postby opus » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Smilies are back as of the latest software upgrade.

Superman's list still works though as an alternative....
Site Administrator

Yowie Position: Skeptic
Thylacine Position: Agnostic
Big Cat Position: Skeptic
Encounter: No

Postby Stickyfingers » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:44 pm

...hey all... thanks to Superman for posting the Smilie codes... I put a post in another area of this section with this post...

Stickyfingers wrote:... on another thread within these forums... Yl1 made a request...

YL1 wrote:I might be a bit slow on this Sticky but I have a question you might be able to clear up in the hints and tips section.

How do you get all these fantastic pictures into your posts? Love that yowie looking one :laughing:

Cheers

:cool:

...as per request I'll let you know just how I went about getting my own smilies... first I typed into Google... "free forum smilie codes" ... after going to various websites as such as these...

http://www.forums-free.com/en/free-emot ... r-forum/1/

http://emoticonizer.info/index2.html

http://www.sympato.ch/smiley2.php

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/categorie5 ... emons.html

...you will find thousands of smilies to choose from... normally when you choose a smilie somewhere below it pops up a highlighted... "BBCode" ... you will see that it usually starts with... "[IMG]http://smilie......." ... right click and then copy and paste it onto your post and it should then work for you... on some websites you have to right click on the smilie and then click on... "copy image location" and do the same as above... if it does not have "[IMG}" at either end of the link... simply highlight the link and click on ... "Img" ... in the box above between "[*]" and "URL" in this webpage... and it should work fine... here are a few below that I have found myself... if you wish to use them just click... "quote" and then cut and paste into your own posting...

Image ................. Image ...................Image .................. Image

Image .......Image ....... Image ...... Image ......

Image ................... Image ................. Image ................... Image .......... Image

Image .......... Image .......... Image ................ Image .............. Image

Image .............. Image ............ Image ................... Image

Image .............. Image .............. Image .............. Image ......... Image

Image ........... Image ........... Image ........... Image ............ Image ............ Image

Image ........... Image ............ Image ...... Image ..... Image

...I hope that this helps... have fun finding smilies like I did... there are thousands that you can use... unfortunately I don't know how to download multiple smilies at a time... I've only managed to work out how to download them one at a time... if anyone knows how to do a few at a time... please feel free to add to this... I would appreciate it... one more thing... perhaps people can add their own smilies into this thread so that we can get a stockpile of smilies until Opus gets the time to put them all back onto one page again... that way we don't have to scour all over the website looking for a particular smilie... cheers... Stickyfingers. :orbit: :singleeye: :singleeye: :orbit:

....................... :orbit:Image :orbit:

............... :orbit: ImageImage :orbit: ...hmmmm... which eyes do I like the best???...

...Opus... the main "Smilie" area has only a few standard smilies... they've been there for a while... can we add more to them?... I asked this before but I'm not sure what to do to add some myself to the main "Smilie" page... could you perhaps tell me here how to do it or even PM me and I will try to add them myself... I've only posted this on here instead of PMming you personally so as to encourage others to find new smilies to add to this website... cheers... Stickyfingers. :orbit: :singleeye: :singleeye: :orbit:
...growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional...
Stickyfingers

Yowie Position: Agnostic
Thylacine Position: Believer
Big Cat Position: Agnostic
Encounter: No

Return to Tips 'n Tricks